Saturday, March 29, 2008

Only my second time...be gentle

So I don't know why I have this urgent need to have a blog. It's the weirdest thing. I don't even know what to put on here yet. But I feel like I want to write something all the time. Maybe as I ramble on something will come to me. But as I sit here waiting...nothing. Let's start here, so I'm writing a book. I don't want to give any details because there are peeps out there that might see it as a good idea and steal it for their own. You just never know. I know only a handful of people know about my site and their friends. So I know they wouldn't do it. But for those random people that just happen to find my page, that's who I'm talking about. I feel scatterbrained when I write on it. There's so many ideas that I feel like I can't get them out fast enough. But it's so much fun to write it. I'm now attached to the characters and feel I have to do them justice. I also know who I want to play the characters if my dream of it becoming a movie were ever to come true. The main character isn't cast yet, though. I'm having the hardest time with that one. Good things come to those who wait. So I haven't actually been able to work on my story for 2 years now. But I think this weekend is a good time to do some writing. I hope to be able to read it to Greyson someday and it be one of his favorites. Maybe he'll ask for more and then I'll have to write sequels. I promise to not make them bad. For all you sequel haters out there.

So it's kind of rainy and cold out today. What a good day for spring cleaning. This house needs a bulldozer. Too bad Greyson doesn't have one. LOL! Although he does do most of the demolishing around here. But we're pretty good at that too. Somehow I think putting all three of us in the same house equals an F5 tornado. Or maybe we have ghosts. I swear, once things are put away, they all seem to find themselves right back where they were.

So my obsession has become "cruising". I can't stop thinking about it. It's like a disease that's eating away at my brain. I dream about it constantly. I'm ready for the next one. It's in November of 2009. Now some of you laughed at the fact that the date is so far away. Well, for those of you that haven't planned a cruise before, don't know that they're a bit different than just flying to Las Vegas. These things take time, also early booking gets you the best rates and the best rooms. You wait too late and you're stuck in a crappy room or worse, you're stuck with no room. Joking aside, the actual itineraries haven't been posted yet. So around July, I'm going to the travel agent to get some info and then I'll have a get together to pass out the info I've put together. Then we can all chose which one is the one we want to go on. The travel agent that Mike found lets you make payments, kind of like how Wal-Mart had layaway. So that's even better for those people that don't have the money all at once like that. You just have to have it paid in full a month before the cruise date.

So, this has been fun so far. I'll be back, but can't say when. Not that I'll have to kill you or anything.

1 comment:

Nathan McKinney said...

Joined the blog posse eh? cool!

Writing is in a blog is a great way to practice for writing a book. I was going to start a book some time ago, but decided I needed the writing practice and to do a bit of research on the topic.

I think that is why I have been so interested in WWI lately. My book was going to be about some veterans of that war and WWII. Problem was, I really didn't know much about either.

Well, I've been learning. I have about three books on WWI going at one time right now. I'm particularly focusing my reading on how WWI effected the middle east. Ultimately, the whole research has turned me on to Winston Churchill's life. I will probably read a biography on him or two before it's all said and done.

The other thing that really helps is to read. I don't finish many books, but I certainly start a bunch. It's so interesting to get an idea of what kind of writers there are out there.

I'm still trying to find my writing voice. I think I'm probably a bit like a less intelligent Sarah Vowell. I highly recommend her stuff. She does a lot of "This American Life" readings on NPR.

Let me know if you want a link to your page on mine. I would usually just do it, but it sounded like you wanted to stay off the radar for a bit first.

Kristi and I took two of the dogs to a dog park in KC just south of liberty memorial today. Good times. The two that went are absolutely tuckered out. So are we to be honest.

Okay, i'll drop back in and see what you are posting. I've been trying to lean mine towards inspirational stuff lately. Check out the links on the right side of my page... there is getting to be a pretty good list of stuff there.

Later!