Thursday, September 4, 2008

Midnight Sun

Okay so I've read Twilight again, and have finished New Moon, again. And I'm browsing my more-than-once-a-day websites to watch the trailers for Twilight. YES, PEOPLE, I'm obsessed! MUCH! And as I started out on Yahoo, I noticed a story about how the author, Stephenie Meyer was going put her story, titled, Midnight Sun, on hold indefinitely. I remember seeing that a couple of days ago, just the mention of the book but was so blinded by what I was seeking (the trailers) that I totally ignored it. Well, upon finding the Yahoo story today, I read it and discovered that she was writing an adaptation to Twilight from Edward Cullens' point of view! I'm sure some of you have known that for some time. I'm just getting into this series so every wound is still fresh for me. I find out that someone she trusted leaked the 264 page draft onto the internet. Now she's so upset that she says she won't finish it at all!!! I'm so upset that I think I'll jump out in front of an out-of-control van on black ice (you have to have read the books to get that reference). I'm so desperate for her to finish this book the way she had intended. I was talking to my husband about it and he got my hopes up a little by mentioning it could just be a publicity stunt. A lot of people claim that stuff is stolen and the idea gets so much more hype than it would have generated on it's release date. She gave a few drafts to trusted people and one of them leaked it. If she doesn't decide to finish it, then that person should damned to eternal hell. Cause that's what I'm living right now having read the draft and desperately wanting to finish. If she doesn't finish it, it would be a HUGE mistake on her part. Obviously, Edward is the favorite and every girl I know, including myself, are hopelessly in love with him. OF COURSE I'D BUY THE BOOK WHETHER IT WAS LEAKED OR NOT! Also, I'd want her to write all 4 books from Edward's perspective. It's interesting to know one side of the story of a damned love affair but to know the other side is totally refreshing. It's a she said he said idea that I'm totally in love with. You know what Bella Swan's thinking through the whole book but you know Edward is editing his thoughts to her. But you never get the full story. I love that I can see his infatuation for her and sooner than her obsession starts for him. I never knew that! But please, for the love of all that is holy, if you love Edward and Bella as much as me, please, PLEASE don't read the draft until you've read the 4 books. There are some spoilers in there. I was super pleased to have read them after I'd read all the books. If I'd of read the draft before I finished all the books, there wouldn't have been as much mystery and I wouldn't have felt as deeply as the characters felt. The writing is so compelling that I felt they were real and was having a hard time remembering that they're fictional.

So if you feel as strongly as I do about her finishing her adaptation and if you'd like to see her do the rest of the books from Edward's point of view, please voice your opinion. I beg you! For my sanity and her pocketbook, she needs to finish this book and I BEG, BEG, BEG her to adapt the other 3 books to Edward's thoughts!

Thanks for listening to me vent!
Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg we are twins! I just read all of the books too.. the last book, i rather think sucked..the whole vampire baby.. wtf .. but I loved the other 3.. my inner goth was all a twitter as a teenager again... I think it is a publicity stunt too.. Meyers has received a huge blacklash to the new book... so I think she did this go get people off of her back about who terrible the new book was... it is all a little too ironic that this book gets leaked three weeks after the new one is getting ripped apart by almost everyone who has read it.