Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where am I now?

Well, well, well. Hello diary! I've somewhat missed you. Okay, so not really but maybe just a tiny bit. Not much has been going on. Except that I have had a job since December 8th. Thank God! It was getting scary there for a while.

I'm back at Walmart, back in signing...kind of funny how things work out. But things happen for a reason, I always say! And boy what a great reason so far! I love my job as an Art Director. I love all the people I work with. They make it highly entertaining. I love the work I get to do. And I love my boss because he's awesome and takes care of his people. What a good change of pace!

Not only is all that awesome, but my first project was the signing for my favorite book series, Twilight. It was super fun. And not to mention I got to see it in stores...and I got to meet Robert Pattinson when he came to our Saturday morning meeting. THAT'S been the highest highlight ever! I feel so lucky. Now I look forward to the next movie release. I'm already planning in my head how that signing will look. And...I'm somewhat sad, I've started reading the series again for the 5th time.

I recently watched the movie "The Notebook" and cried my eyes out! I shocked myself!! I purposely didn't watch the movie till now because I was so done with all the talk about it and was kind of ranking it up there with the same level of girly boredom of Titanic. Snore! But I finally caved one day when I was flipping through the cable stations one day and noticed it was coming on an hour later. I decided then to give it a try. I ended up watching the whole thing and mad at myself for not having seen it till now. What a stubborn dumbass I am sometimes. It was such a sweet movie. I've never cried like that watching a movie. The only time I did cry like that was when Edward left Bella in New Moon. I was devastated for her. I was actually devastated WITH her. It was so strange how strongly I felt that pain with that character. But, "The Notebook" was definitely a movie I'll buy some day. And shame on me for waiting so long. By the way, I totally understand why my certain guy friends cried during the movie as well. It was just that sweet of a love story.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as girly, boring and sappy. I'm just feeling that way right now. I now I'm a hard shelled person. Sometimes you just gotta be. Tonight I'm feeling a lot less tough and more sentimental.

With that being said, it's time for bed and some sweet dreams of my own.

No comments: